Coastal Roofing complies with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
Our effective on-going efforts are evidenced in our low accident and insurance rates and help us maintain a safe working environment for our crews, other jobsite workers, building tenants, customers and protection from property damage.
Safe Roofing Practices:
Before beginning the job, focus on identifying fall protection needs. Survey the roof to determine if there are pre-installed anchorages available that can be used. If not, then plan immediately to identify those systems needed to protect workers from falls and have them in place before the workers report to the job.
A partial list of our training and policies includes:
- Written, enforced safety rules and disciplinary consequences, which very employee must agree to and sign.
- Safety Committee. Employees at all levels participate in the development and implementation of Sprick Roofing Co., Inc. safety programs.
- OSHA trained dedicated safety director. Personally trains employees and ensures procedures are followed and projects are completed safely.
- Drug and Alcohol Supervisor Training. All crew leaders are trained to recognize, document, confront and rectify problem employees as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Written fall protection plan for every job
- Site specific job hazard analysis
- Bi-weekly Crew Safety Meetings
- Unscheduled Jobsite Safety Inspections
- Fire Prevention
- Weather Hazards
- Fall Protection; Lanyards and Harnesses; Slide Guards
- Crane Operator Certification
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Electrical Hazards
- Ladder Safety
- Ergonomic Lifting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Hand and Power Tools
- Fleet Safety (hydraulic lift & dump bed safety)
- Driving Safety
- Jobsite Housekeeping
- First Aid/CPR
- Forklift Certification